Ready to #GETTRUCKEDUP at this year’s Columbia StrEAT Food Truck Festival? Here are some tips and tricks to make sure that you and your friends make the most out of this BIG day in Downtown New West!
- Expect HUGE crowds - there will be over 150,000 people at the event so if you hate big crowds, try walking on the sidewalk (less busier than the street) or check out Front St. Mews or Pier Park to sit down and eat after grabbing your food.
- Wear comfy/closed toed shoes - expect to do lots of walking up and down Columbia
- Come on an empty stomach - pace yourself and make sure you have enough room to try a little bit of everything. Always save room for dessert!
- Team up - bring a partner or a group of friends to try out more food!
- Stay hydrated at the Westminster Savings’ Chill Zone.
- BYOC - bring your own containers for food that you can’t finish
- Pace yourself - with almost 100 trucks to try, it’s best to take your time and Always save room for dessert!
- Bring sun protection - festival day is bound to be hot, so don’t forget your sun protection! Sunscreen is a must, and hats and sunnies are a good idea too (especially for kids and those with more sensitive skin).
- Bring hand sanitizer and wipes - it never hurts to be prepared for when things get messy!
Have any good tips? Let us know on social media using the hashtag #downtownnewwest and #columbiastreat! See you foodies there!
Thanks Westminster Savings and BCLC for sponsoring our 7th fest!