The past few months have been a roller coaster. Fear has peaked, stress is extreme and emotions are running high. Downtown New Westminster is here to keep you and your family safe during these tough times.
Feature photo by fotosbysunny
photo courtesy laiscarnauba
Don’t hesitate to reach out to any of the following resources – we’re still here for you!
Everyone deserves someone to talk to! A few local therapists are still operating:
- M. Jackson Group – online counselling, assessments & limited in-office appointments
- RCC Michelle Srdanovic – online counselling for children, couples & families
- Tanya Elez – remote therapy & consultation services
Pharmacy and Material Needs
For prescription delivery, masks, gloves, hand sanitizers and supplements, check out these local businesses:
- Pharmasave Columbia Square & Longevity Compounding Pharmacy – FREE prescription delivery & retail sanitation supplies
- Shoppers Drug Mart & Imperial Pharmacy – local prescription deliveries & retail sanitation supplies
- Fuel Supplements – pickup, delivery & discount codes on coresupplements.ca, FREE shipping on orders over $50
- Foundations Naturopathic Health – in-person & virtual appointments, supplements & wellness exams!
If you need to see a doctor or physical therapist, try to schedule an online or telehealth appointment if you can! These places are open:
- Columbia Square Clinic – online booking & remote medical consultations
- Gathered Roots Community Acupuncture & Columbia Integrated Health Centre – in-person scheduling for most procedures
- Other local clinics open for business include: Motion Physiotherapy, Umbrella Multicultural Health Co-op & Columbia Square Dental
- The Seniors Services Society – grocery shopping, delivery & friendly wellness check-ins over the phone!
- Nurse Next Door – uninterrupted 24/7 home care during the entire state of emergency
These are accessible to anyone with device and cellular/internet access!
- Strive Living Society – virtual recreation programs for those with an active membership!
- Fraser Health Crisis Line – 604-951-8855 or 1-877-820-7444
- Kids Help Phone – Call 1-800-668-6868, text CONNECT to 686868 or live chat online
- Crisis Services Canada – 1-833-456-4566
- Alcohol & Drug Information and Referral Service – 1-800-663-1441 (toll-free in BC)
Free or Low Cost Resources
Life can be expensive – these resources are here to support you in an accessible format:
- Union Gospel Mission – hot breakfast meals out the door from 8:30-9:30am & bagged lunches from 11am-12pm, Monday to Friday
- Apply for Canada Emergency Response Benefit or Student Benefit
- Ask your local bank about loan opportunities
photo courtesy wild__light
Times are tough, but we’re still here and we’re still a community. Reach out, and help us help you! #togethernewwest