Thanks for playing! We hope you enjoyed exploring Downtown New West this summer while you Quest’ed.
Thank you Douglas College for your continued support of our community!
Congratulations to all the winners!
|Grand Prize||Melody Mazalin|
|Banh Mi Bar||@cwhitely8|
|Taverna Greka||Jeremy Perry|
|Piva Modern Italian||Daniel Wilson|
|Columbia St Sandwich||@maarcamilaa|
|Bosley's New Westfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Spud Shack Fry Co.||@krispykait|
|Paddlewheeler Pub||Maureen Curran|
|Santosha Hot Yoga||@thesipadvisor|
Fridays on Front meets Quest New West, and your chance to win $1000 cash!
Are you ready to shake off COVID-19 boredom and get out of the house? Are you ready to have fun with your family or friends? Are you ready to Quest, New West?
This special #QuestNewWest edition of Fridays! offers a weekly self guided adventure, full of fun challenges that are free and accessible to all. This will be a scavenger hunt style experience, however where you go and how you complete the challenges is up to you. Share your experience online for a chance to win weekly prizes, and a $1000 cash grand prize!
This family friendly series will take you to all corners of Downtown New West. It’ll test your local knowledge while you remain physically distanced and outdoors. You can play along with your family, your safe bubble of friends or take the challenge solo. Along the journey you’ll encounter surprises from your local businesses and perhaps even find some new gems.
Every week is another chance to participate, because we know you want to make the best of this unprecedented summer. So, get your walking shoes, bikes, and your picnic blankets ready, it's time for Fridays #QuestNewWest edition.
How to Play:
- Plan your night out – think about forming your team based on your bubble, plan some takeout options, pick a great spot for a picnic
- At noon each Friday we will release the challenges & clues online here
- Complete the challenges by 8pm each Sunday for a chance at the grand prize of $1000
- Complete the photo challenges, posting publicly to FB/Insta/Twitter with the hashtag #QuestNewWest to win weekly prizes of $50 gift certificates from various Downtown New West restaurants
- If you play on Friday nights between 5 and 8pm you’ll find some extra surprises along the way!
- Always practice physical distancing
- Limit unnecessary contact with people & surfaces
- If you feel sick, stay home
- Play kind, play calm, play safe!
Fridays #QuestNewWest edition, is presented by Douglas College. Produced by the Downtown New West BIA with the support of the City of New Westminster, BOSA Developments, Darychuk Law, the Arts Council of New Westminster and the businesses of Downtown New West.
Fridays #QuestNewWest Series 2020 Terms & Conditions
#1. NAME OF SPONSORS AND PARTNERS.
This series is brought to you by Douglas College and the Downtown New West BIA. The supporters include Bosa Developments, the City of New Westminster, The Arts Council of New Westminster and Darychuck Law. This Quest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to the Downtown New West BIA and not to any other party.
This competition is open to residents of British Columbia aged 18 years or over with the exception of employees of the Downtown New West BIA, their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organization or anyone who helped create and/or produce the Quest. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Quest. By entering this Quest, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
#3: RULES AND GUIDELINES; HOW AND WHEN TO ENTER.
Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.fridaysquest.com. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Closing date for weekly prize entries will be Sunday at 8pm, each week in August. After this date no further entries to the weekly competition will be permitted.
- Closing date for grand prize entries will be August 29th. After this date no further entries to the grand prize competition will be permitted.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Keep your answers to yourself. Sharing answers in any way, shape or form will result in disqualification. Teams may work together and submit multiple entries with different email addresses.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for any reason.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Canadian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of a third party mediator.
#4. HOW AND WHEN WINNERS WILL BE SELECTED AND NOTIFIED.
The prize winners will be selected and notified as follows:
- The Downtown New West BIA will judge the competition and choose winners each week, picked at random from all complete entries via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Each week, four (4) gift card winners will be chosen from photos posted publicly with the hashtag #QuestNewWest.
- The grand prize will be chosen at random from all complete entries via WEBSITE TBA after the contest closes at 8pm on August 29th. The winner will be drawn at random.
- The prize is as stated and no other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and not up for dispute.
The prizes are as follows:
- Four weekly winners will receive a $50 gift card to a Downtown New West restaurant after the weekly competition closes on each Sunday in August at 8pm.
- One winner will receive the grand prize of $1000 cash after the competition closes on August 29th, 2020 at 8pm.
#7. RELEASES & WINNERS’ LIST.
The winners’ names will be released as follows:
- Winners will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Canadian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
#8. MISCELLANEOUS / WINNERS’ LIST.
- The Downtown New West BIA shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- The Downtown New West BIA also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.