We're looking for a new Membership Engagement and Events Coordinator! Read the full job description below.
Title: Membership Engagement and Events Coordinator
Organization: Downtown New West Business Improvement Association (BIA)
Job Type: Part-time, 25 hours/week, $28.00/hour plus extended health benefits after 3 months.
This is a permanent part-time role working 25 hours per week reporting to the Executive Director. Hours
of work may fluctuate throughout the year as evening and weekend work will be required, especially
during the summer event season. This role also provides occasional backup to the Executive Director in their absence.
About Us: Originally formed in 1989, the Downtown New Westminster BIA is a non-profit that provides many
benefits for its members, enabling more than 650 property owners and businesses to work together on
an ongoing basis to assist in the revitalization and promotion of Downtown New Westminster.
With lots of new and exciting additions all the time, Downtown New Westminster is a vibrant and trendy
area with some of the hottest and most unique shops and restaurants calling our streets home.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute a diverse range of community events, ensuring seamless logistics
and exceptional attendee experiences.
• Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to develop innovative event concepts that align with our organization's mission and values.
• Maintain event budgets, negotiate contracts, and oversee vendor relationships to maximize value and quality of services.
• Facilitate all aspects of event promotion in collaboration with Digital Marketing Coordinator,
including marketing, social media outreach, and community engagement to drive attendance.
• Engaging BIA members to take part in events in unique and creative ways.
• Conduct post-event evaluations, analyze feedback, and implement improvements for future events.
• Maintain strong relationships with community stakeholders, sponsors, and local businesses to
foster ongoing support and collaboration.
• Ensuring compliance with all legislative authorities (i.e. City of New Westminster, Liquor and
Cannabis Regulation Branch, Fraser Health, etc.).
• Liaising with various City of New Westminster departments and community partners.
MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT AND OUTREACH
• Research and prepare relevant content for weekly membership and public newsletters.
• Proactively engages with members regularly.
Compensation & Benefits:
• $28.00/hour plus extended health benefits after three (3) months
• Three (3) weeks of paid vacation
• Monthly cell phone allowance
• Mileage allowance
• Hybrid work environment
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant and proven experience as an Event Manager or in a similar role, with a successful track record of organizing community events.
• Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with diverse teams and
• Creative thinker with the ability to develop unique and engaging event concepts.
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Proficient in MS Office and project management software and tools such as Asana.
• Be available to work on-site in New Westminster for 50% of the time.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required by event schedules.
• A passion for community engagement and a deep understanding of local cultures and dynamics.
• Ability to be on one’s feet for extended periods of time and able to lift to 35lbs.
• Hold a valid BC driver’s license to support the physical relocation of equipment supplies.
• Running errands and providing logistical support for organizational programming and special events.
• Represent the BIA at community events, meetings, and presentations.
• Diploma or coursework in Event Management, Marketing, Communications, or related field is an
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter detailing their relevant
experience to Angelene Prakash at email@example.com. Please include "Membership Engagement and Events Coordinator" in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 9th.
We value diversity, so even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.