Want to be a part of something amazing? We are seeking superstars to help us with our summer initiatives and programs!
Status: Full Time, Temporary from early May to end of August
35 hours per week, wage is $15.50/hour + 4% in lieu of vacation
Typical hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 4:30pm, however some evening and weekend work will be required in June, July and August. Some work can be done remotely, and our team follows strict safety protocols in accordance with current public health orders.
This is an exciting role full of variety, and the opportunity to have input into BIA communications strategies, initiatives and programs. Our culture is very positive, enthusiastic and above all passionate about Downtown New West! Summer Ambassadors' primary focus will be in planning, executing, and evaluating BIA events, programs and promotions.
The ideal candidates will truly be Ambassadors for Downtown New West with high energy and enthusiasm for our vision.
Events & Experiences Planning
- Arrange logistics, communications, and media for summer promotions and experiences/events.
- On site event work including set up and take down, liaising with members, supervising volunteers, providing customer service.
- Communications with members and partners on a regular basis about a variety of issues, including but not limited to advocacy, promotion, special projects.
- Develop weekly blog content and daily social media content.
- Update our online business directory and events calendar daily.
- Liaise with stakeholders, members, media, committees, the BIA Board of Directors, and partners on projects, initiatives, events and experiences.
- Provide a pleasant, positive, and professional atmosphere for our members and the public when communicating with our office.
- Provide administrative support to the BIA staff.
- Support the office in maintaining accurate and organized files for all BIA related activities.
- Reception and database management.
Who are we looking for?
- Energetic, positive and outgoing candidates who are passionate about being a part of our fun team this summer!
- Customer service and sales experience an asset
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines under changing priorities
- A positive, professional and confident demeanour
- Ability to communicate effectively with the membership, partners, and the public
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and follow through
- Fluent in English, other languages an asset
- Good proficiency in G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience and/or education in graphic design, photography, videography, social media engagement, writing, communications, marketing, and supervision of staff and volunteers all BIG assets
These positions are only made possible through the Canada Summer Jobs program, this federal grant funding requires that successful candidates:
- are between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- are Canadian Citizens, permanent residents, or persons on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*;
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and are legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
The Downtown New West BIA believes in employment equity and encourages applications from youth who self-identify as being part of underrepresented groups or as having additional barriers to entering or staying in the labour market, as outlined below:
- New immigrant/refugee youth (new is defined as having arrived in Canada in the past 5 years);
- Indigenous youth;
- Youth who have not completed high school;
- Visible minorities/racialized youth;
- LGBTQ2 youth;
- Women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM); and,
- Youth who have not previously been employed and for whom this would be their first job experience.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30th, 2021 - we thank all who apply, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.