Fridays on Front is back this summer, TGIF!
The Downtown New West BIA and Douglas College are thrilled to present the third summer of Fridays on Front. The series will run every Friday evening from 5:00-9:00pm for EIGHT consecutive weeks (July 5 – August 23) on the 600-block of Front Street. Our family friendly street socials will feature artisan vendors from New West Craft, live music from the Arts Council of New Westminster, and of course, our favourite Food Trucks from the Columbia StrEAT Food Truck Fest! We've teamed up with Steel & Oak Brewing Co. and Pacific Breeze Urban Winery to fully license Front Street AND a variety of guest breweries will be pouring this summer too. Watch for Another Beer Company, Luppolo, Parallel 49, Boombox, Powell, Strange Fellows and Trading Post.
Stroll throughout the event with your favourite beverage, enjoying live music, unique shopping, a riverfront breeze and scenic views. It gets even better, admission is FREE and we’re just mere steps away from two Skytrain stations.
We recommend taking transit as parking is very limited.
August 16th Highlights PRIDE NIGHT! (subject to change):
- Bar: Steel & Oak, Pacific Breeze Winery + guest brewery Trading Post
- Food Trucks: Japadog, Meet2Eat, Prebak, TACO 'n Todo, Twisted Creamery, The Original Hurricane Potato
- Music: Savage Society + Noxious Obs + Surprise guests courtesy of New West Pride
- Kids activities: New West Family Place + Port of Vancouver
- Market: New West Craft vendors, Bosley's by Pet Valu, AVA Fitness, Elizabeth Fry Society, Columbia St. Sandwich Co, Rain City Juicery
- Extras: Unveiling of an amazing new public art piece "You are HOME" - an augmented reality mural at 6:30pm (McKenzie & Columbia Streets)
Bar Service will be available from 5:00 to 8:30pm (19 years +) Please drink responsibly! Here are a few other need to knows:
- Intoxicated persons may not enter or will be removed from the event
- If you appear under the age of 30, you will be required to show 2 pieces of ID
- Beer and wine tokens are non-refundable and valid all summer long! $5 for beer and $7 for wine
- Beer and wine tokens will be sold from 5pm to 8:20pm, bar service ends at 8:30pm
- Beer and wine tokens can be purchased by cash or credit card (preferred), no debit available
- No outside beverages of any kind will be permitted
- No bicycles or skateboards permitted
- All vendors are subject to change without notice
RSVP on Facebook here to be notified of event highlights, theme weeks and guest brewery/entertainment/food truck schedules as they are announced!